Meet the team
The Cancer of Unknown Primary (CUP) Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) consists of oncologists, CUP nurse specialists, radiologists, pathologists and a dedicated administrative team which is available to all patients who have a CUP. There is also access to an extended team of health professionals who can be involved in a patient`s care when required.
Key decisions regarding the diagnostic tests required and potential treatment options of each patient are made at the weekly MDT meeting which is attended by the members of the MDT.
The CUP nurse specialist team provide support to each individual through the patient pathway from diagnosis, to treatment and follow up including supportive care.
All the members of the CUP nurse specialist team have expertise and experience in assisting with patients and carers concerns including
- information about the disease illness, investigations, treatments and follow up
- advice about any symptoms
- support for patients, relatives and carers
- referral to the community nursing teams, such as the District Nurses
- referral to other professionals who can offer specialist advice such as benefits, social services or complimentary therapies
For any advice or information the best way is to contact the CUP nurse specialist team by ringing the CUP advice line 0113 2068881 or e-mail leedsth-tr.AcuteOncology@nhs.net