Symptom management and lifestyle advice
If you have any symptoms that require managing please contact the lung cancer nurse specialist team or your GP. Symptoms to look out for include coughing, breathlessness, pain, weight loss, lack of appetite, fatigue, difficulties with swallowing, swelling of the face or neck or discomfort.
The lung cancer nurse specialist team can be contacted on 0113 2067916 or e-mail Leedsthfirstname.lastname@example.org
Some lifestyle tips:
- make small adjustments to your everyday activities to make things easier where you can.
- take light, regular exercise to keep your energy levels up and help your breathing.
- give priority to the most important things you want to do first.
- consider physiotherapy to help you learn and practise helpful breathing exercises.
- pace yourself so you get enough rest.
- consider learning a relaxation technique, such as meditation, to help you manage your anxieties and help keep you in a positive frame of mind.
- develop a support network of friends and fellow patients with whom you can share and discuss your experiences. This can help put your concerns in perspective and offer you reassurance in difficult times
Helping myself - lung cancer booklet provides additional advice