Leeds Care Record
Shared information. Better care for you.
The Leeds Care Record gives health and social care professionals directly in charge of your care access to the most up-to-date information about you. It does this by sharing certain information from all your medical and care records automatically between health and social care services in Leeds.
What is the Leeds Care Record?
At the moment, every health and social care organisation that you use has a different set of patient records for you. These records may duplicate information, or one record might hold information about your treatment, care and support that another one does not.
In Leeds, we have developed a virtual system called the Leeds Care Record. If you live in Leeds you will have a Leeds Care Record created for you. It will be held on a secure computer system and will include some key health and social care information about you. The information is taken from other medical records you may have such as your GP record, hospital records or social care records.
What kind of information will be shared?
The Leeds Care Record will hold certain information about each patient. When you are being treated or cared for by the NHS or adult social care services the health and social care professionals looking after you will have the most up-to-date information:
- Address and telephone number – so we have one set of contact details for you
- Diagnosis list – to make sure your health or social care professional have an accurate and complete record of your care
- Medications – so everyone treating you can see what medicines you’ve currently or been prescribed
- Allergies – to make sure you aren’t prescribed or given any medicines you could have an adverse reaction to
- Test results – to speed up your treatment and care
- Referrals, clinic letters and discharge information – to make sure the people caring for you have all the information they need about other treatment you’re having elsewhere
Leeds Care Record
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
St James’s University Hospital
Lincoln Wing/Chancellor Wing Link Corridor
For further information on the Leeds Care Record please visit www.leedscarerecord.org