Leeds Cancer Support offer a variety of support services and supportive therapies for patients, their families and carers
The service is for everyone affected by cancer; patients, those supporting them and their families. We have specialist staff and trained volunteers who can talk you through the services available and help you decide which are the most useful for you.
All services are free of charge and include;
• Information about cancer and all aspects of living with cancer.
• Support to help with the emotional effects of cancer. Sometimes a listening ear is enough, or if you wish we can put you in touch with other services, including counselling.
• Supportive therapies to improve your general well-being and help you cope with fatigue or anxiety.
• Support with social issues such as information for relatives, how to talk to children about cancer, relationship concerns.
• Managing practical issues such as time off work and finances.
• Programmes, classes and groups helping you adjust to your experience of cancer.
• Hair loss support - qualified hairdressing before during and after treatment. This includes; provision of wigs, wig fitting and styling.
• Support with body image issues including the Look Good Feel Better Workshop and regular Style Confidence.